Monday, December 17, 2012

Times and Seasons

Sixteen Years Ago (With my family)

I've been all kinds of contemplative lately. It feels like our family is standing at the threshold of so many changes coming all too quickly.

See those babies in the photo above? The baby girl turns 19 years old just two days after Christmas this year. And she has decided to put in her mission papers.

Morganne at age 18


And the fuzzy-haired little boy can send in his mission papers at the end of March 2013.

Brennan at age 17

*sniff*

Yes, I am getting all kinds of emotional that I am "losing" my babies, one by one, starting NOW.

Where has the time gone? I could have sworn that the picture above was taken yesterday-- wasn't it?

Nope.

But I AM thankful that my babies are growing up to be such wonderful people. They amaze me! They are making really great choices, and are doing the things I've tried to raise them to do.

Now, if I can just get my brain in line to figure out how to be a mother of adults and babies at the same time...

Love, Mama Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Yay for all of these missionaries going out! I am happy about this for own kids. I was wondering what to do with my oldest son when he finishes school. Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand! My oldest baby is 21 now. Time does go by faster the older we get. I have little ones around as well and sometimes it boggles my mind that I have adult children too. We will have mission papers heading out next year when I thought I had at least 2 years before anyone did that to me. LOL! Oh well, they are all home tonight under one roof and I can relish the moments we are all here while they last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, if you find answers please share. My oldest turns his mission papers in the end of January and my baby is 9 months old.

    ReplyDelete

I will not approve any comments that are rude, negative, or disrespectful. Thanks for being civil! :-)