|Our family, July 2013|
Hello! We are an LDS (Mormon) homeschooling family with twelve children-- seven girls and five boys-- ages 19 down to 1 year old. (You can find my Mormon.org profile here.) My husband and I have always wanted a large family, but our definition of "large" changes all the time...
My husband and I met in a community production of the musical "My Fair Lady" right after his return from serving an LDS mission. I was a senior in high school. We've now been married for 21 years.
Our Family's interests include:
- Homeschooling and attending homeschool conferences and events;
- Reading classic books out loud together;
- Singing together;
- Discussing books, politics, Gospel doctrines, and movies;
- Watching inspiring and intriguing shows online like LDS Conference Talks and movies, Victorian Farm and Edwardian Farm, Merlin, Larkrise to Candleford, Costume Dramas, and family-friendly Hayao Miyazaki movies;
- Enjoying Monday Night Family Home Evenings;
- Performing in plays together (This year we'll be participating in "Fiddler on the Roof" together!);
- Traveling to see family and friends, as well as going on fieldtrips;
- Going to the library!!!
- Flirting, laughing, and talking with my wonderful husband, Russell. (Our dates are the highlight of my week!);
- Reading to my little ones, giggling with my middle ones, and discussing important ideas and thoughts with my big ones;
- Writing about and encouraging mothers to find joy and purpose in Motherhood;
- Getting lost reading classic English literature;
- Studying, teaching, and directing SHAKESPEARE plays;
- Costume design and construction;
- Singing and listening to inspiring music!
Welcome to our hearthside!