Monday, June 25, 2012

Pregnancy Update: 26 Weeks



I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going! The baby is very active and my belly is growing every day. I'm having lots of lovely stomach muscle stretching pain-- more than I've had for years. I think it's due to the fact that I tightened those muscles up with all the Zumba classes I took. *sigh*

This past week, I wasn't eating like I should, and I could TOTALLY tell a difference! So yesterday I went back to making my green smoothies and keeping track of my protein, water drinking, etc.. In all my pregnancies, I have found I feel best when I follow Dr. Brewer's Pregnancy Diet. He originally created this way of eating for pregnant women suffering from, or threatening to have, pre-eclampsia.

For more on what the baby is doing right now, here's a quote from my Baby Center update for the week:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel.


NAMES!


There's nothing more to report on baby names, other than the fact that I have my quirky, LONG list of names, and I know it's useless to parade all the choices in front of Russell right now. (It's his turn to pick, though I get veto power. ;-D) He never decides until after the baby gets here.


Just for fun, here are a few (the list is much longer) on my Nameberry list. (Yes, I am a major Name Nerd):

  • Arthur
  • Darcy
  • Emrys (In my dreams...)
  • Finn
  • Grady
  • Hamilton
  • Lennox
  • Malcolm
  • Thane
Quick quiz: Did you notice any Shakespearean names? Which ones?

If you'll excuse me, I must now go and make myself a spinach and avocado omelet and a cup of pregnancy tea...

Love,
Mama

6 comments:

  1. Emrys, that, would, be, AWESOME!
    I would call him Merlin though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Emrys! So happy that things are going by quickly....it is amazing how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to vote Emrys and think I was something special in doing so... LOL, late to the partay!

    Green smoothies were good to me, too, esp. in that first trimester. Glad your pregnancy is going well. What a blessing!

    --Eve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll let Russell know that Emrys is a crowd favorite, but since he's already said "No way!" to that one, it probably won't help. :-p

    Thanks for your comments, ladies! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote Thane...I always liked that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arthur is a fabulous name. Can you imagine having King Arthur as a namesake? Fantastic!

    I'm glad to hear the pregnancy is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete

I will not approve any comments that are rude, negative, or disrespectful. Thanks for being civil! :-)