Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Glorious Distraction!


It is a truth universally known that when an expectant mother gets this close to her due date, she does all in her power to distract herself from the neurotic pangs of waiting to go into labor.

Translation? I need to do something to keep my mind off the fact that this baby could come any day-- or NOT! (Which would be worse?! Oh, the AGONY!!!):-p

So, I was reading an adorable blog called "The Old Fashioned Girl" and saw her "Odd Duck" tag about sharing six 6 random quirky/weird/unspectacular things about herself. Therefore, in a effort to distract myself, I'm going to take the liberty of sharing my own list of 6 random quirky/weird/ unspectacular things about myself.

Here goes...

1) I am what you would kindly call an "Earthy" person. Sometimes I severely gross my poor husband out. I have curbed lots of bad habits out of respect to him, but I am not afraid of "earthy" topics of discussion. (If you have no clue what I'm talking about, just skip over this one. I'm trying to be delicate here, and going into more detail may offend more sensitive readers. I know my Aunt Judy will understand what I'm talking about-- right Judy?! *grin* )

2) I ADORE big, booming, scary, tense thunderstorms. If I believed in reincarnation, (which I don't) then I would imagine myself to be a "storm chaser" in the next life.

3) I am a big CHICKEN. (Bok!) I HATE ghost stories or movies.

4) I don't like to drive. I'd rather have a chauffeur than a cook OR a maid. (!) Just call me "Miss Daisy."

5) I am not a chocoholic-- I only like to eat chocolate sparingly. I tell my mother that it's because she sold bulk chocolate to our neighbors every Autumn, and we always had it in the house. I'd rather eat something sugary and chewy-- like marshmallows-- ANYDAY.

6) This next one will not be a big surprise to anyone who knows me, but it's a controversial issue I've just got to come clean about! *I HATE SPORTS!!!* (Whew! Glad I got that off of my chest!) I grew up taking gymnastics, playing softball, volleyball, and basketball. My brother and sisters and I would play soccer or softball in our backyard all the time. My dad spent most of every Sunday watching some sport or another. Yet, I LOATHE sports (professional or "UN") with every fiber of my being. To me, there is no greater waste of time, effort, and head-space than thinking about or participating in any sort of "game."

(My sports-crazed brother is waiting in the wings with the tar and feathers, but I can take him-- I'll just sit on him. ;-D )

I understand that I may have offended some-- for that I am truly sorry. Please don't remove your all-important link to my little blog here, though I understand if your principles have been compromised by the drivel I have presented today.

Amen and Thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will not approve any comments that are rude, negative, or disrespectful. Thanks for being civil! :-)