Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Back in the Swing of Things!



I spent this past weekend at the Thomas Jefferson Education Convention in Cedar City, and had my cup filled to overflowing! There was very little I hadn't heard the GWC folks say before-- however, the Spirit gave me lots of answers and insights I needed to hear!

I have known for the past two years, in my heart of hearts, that I need to apply for Distance Learning from GWC. While at the Convention, I committed to Dan Ralphs that I will send in my application before the magic date of JULY5th, this year!

Are we nervous?

YES!

Is it the correct thing for me to do right now?

YES.

Oh, My!

Other things that happened at the Convention:
  • Reporting to my mentor, Diann Jeppson, as to my progress on the recent assignments she has given me with regards to my TJEd group here in my home state. She liked my Vision!
  • Taking suggestions from Diann for new material to put on our TJEd.org website, which included getting a document signed by Dr. DeMille, giving us permission to use his material on the site, as well as receiving an assignment from Diann for Russell and I to read "The Tipping Point" together.
  • Dr. Julie Earley mentioned our website over the podium at the Convention! I about fell down with surprise! Unfortunately, Russell missed it, and I had to fill him in!
  • I got to meet and visit with some wonderful friends I've known for years online at the Pastry Pub. Very cool! Babies and pictures everywhere!
  • Visiting, talking, networking-- did I mention talking? Of sleeping, there was very little, but the trip, though rushed, was so worth it!
My only regret is that I did not take more pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will not approve any comments that are rude, negative, or disrespectful. Thanks for being civil! :-)