Saturday, August 06, 2011

August Update


Funny Miss Eryn

First of all, I am STILL off sugar. (Yay!) I passed the 2 week mark this past Wednesday, and I am feeling GREAT! I'm still taking just one day at a time, but I have been surprised that it's been easier than I supposed-- especially when I have sweet and amazing teenaged daughters who have been experimenting with honey-sweetened treats. (Thanks, girls!)

Morganne with Mr. Tumnus
 Secondly, we adopted a new little mutt-doggie whom we've named "Mr. Tumnus." Poor little guy came from a family who was never home, and he was suffering from separation anxiety with them. But he has mellowed and settled in with our family, I guess because we're nearly ALWAYS home! LOL! He has been a wonderful addition to our family!

Worn out kids (And I have no idea why Grayse insisted on wearing footie pj's and snuggled under a quilt!)
Summertime always gives us a bit of cabin fever (HOT here!), so the kids have been getting more creative. Which is GOOD and bad. (Depending on the age, really.) We've been pretty busy, and August is no exception. I've been really looking forward to a new study group we are forming, based on "Fourth Turning" principles. Our first meeting is tonight, and I'm STOKED! :-)

A New Block Wall! YAY!!!
 Our wonderful landlord hired a fast crew to put up a new block fence in our backyard. The old fence was wood that had rotten to the point that it would fall down when a strong wind came up. Russell and the boys tried fixing it over and over and over again, but the wood was just too old to stay up. Now we don't have to worry about it any more. Hooray!!!

Three little cuties in a great Goodwill-found office chair

Adorable Miss Grayse Dawn

We are traveling to CA soon for a Williams family reunion at my sister, Gina's house. The kids are sooo excited to go to the beach for the first time! I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to share when we get back.

Ronan turned eight yesterday, and will baptized on the 20th. (I'm excited to share his special day soon!) Russell and I have our 19th anniversary on the 14th, Lliam turns 15 on the 23rd, and I turn 29 (again) on the 30th. (Wow, that's a lot of numbers in that sentence...)

Happy August, everybody! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you have a new study group. *sigh* No matter what I do I can't get one together here.

    Glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! It's the day before ours!

    ReplyDelete

I will not approve any comments that are rude, negative, or disrespectful. Thanks for being civil! :-)