Thursday, February 09, 2006

Winter Blahs

Today was not a stellar day for me. It was one of those days where I feel exhausted, but my house is a mess, and nothing was accomplished but the daily meals. (And I really should be working on dinner right now...)

I'm blaming the overcast day with no rain for most of my "yucks," but there's hormones going on, as well.

Is this a sorry excuse for today's journal entry? Maybe. But hopefully by recording "blah" days such as this, other days will seem brighter.

THEN... I read a message on the Mentoring Our Own list that inspired me. I think this would be a good place to record it! (Posted to the "Mentoring Our Own" list by Deborah.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Winter stress busters; what kind of stress am I feeling?

1. Overwhelmed? Focus on your leader self, rally to the big picture, use universal principles.
2. Bored? Focus on romantic self, serve spouse.
3. Tired? Exhausted? Burned out? Focus on vision, inventory built on vision.
4. Lonely? Under attack? Figure out what you don't want to do and stop doing it!
5. Anxiety? Worry? Focus on your manager self, capitalize on others' strengths, details.
6. None of the above? Reach out to others that are experiencing 1-5  
And last but not least; TRUST YOURSELF!!!!
(Taken from a LEMI call with Dr. Oliver DeMille-- 2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will not approve any comments that are rude, negative, or disrespectful. Thanks for being civil! :-)