Thursday, March 07, 2013

Day of Inspiration

Return of Captive Israel, by Minerva Teichert, 1945, oil on canvas, 53 1/2 x 90 inches.
Courtesy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Today was a day of constant inspiration! :-) This morning, I got to sit in on a wonderful class by our homeschool group, on the subject of "Perseverence" with a book discussion on "The Lonesome Gods" by L'Amour. The class was taught by a talented fourteen year old young man, and I learned some things I really needed to hear! 

Later this afternoon, I got to hear four VERY talented and well-trained kids from 12 on down play gorgeous, difficult classical piano pieces. I was so impressed! And I'm thankful for the opportunity and example!

Then this evening, listened to a dear friend give a presentation on the life and works of her grandmother, artist Minerva Teichert. What a talent and what a life devoted to her family and her faith! 

Lately I've been pondering the importance of inspiration. I want my home, my surroundings, and my life to be surrounded by things that truly uplift and inspire me to be a better person. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me such a beautiful day to ponder upon!



Love, Mama Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will not approve any comments that are rude, negative, or disrespectful. Thanks for being civil! :-)