Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Book


The other day I got to hang out with a friend who's been living far away for a few years now. (Hi Celeste!!!) We had a great time just sitting and talking about our lives and philosophizing about politics, homeschooling, how we're raising kids, and even about our blogs.

Out of nowhere, it seemed, she looked at me and told me that I should write a book. At first, I thought about the books I'm working on, and how slowly they're coming along. (One on teaching kids to work, a homemaking curriculum for daughters and mothers, and a collection of classic readings.) I started feeling guilty and ashamed that I haven't finished the projects I've begun. But then she brought up my philosophies about womanhood, and I realized that she meant I should write about those things.

It took a day or two to sink in my scattered brain, but I'm now really excited. So, YES, WORLD! I AM WRITING A BOOK!!!

I can't believe it, but it's already coming along nicely! I've got the Table of Contents done, and found that I've actually been writing this book since 2005-- the day I began blogging. :-)

YAY!!!

Please excuse me while I get back to it...

3 comments:

  1. How inspiring! :) Thank you for sharing this wonderful story; and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could be there at the moment of YOUR inspiration. I really had nothing to do with it. You have had it in you all along. You are an inspiration to me! I can't wait to read your book!

    ReplyDelete

I will not approve any comments that are rude, negative, or disrespectful. Thanks for being civil! :-)