Saturday, March 18, 2006

Flashes of Inspiration


I LOVE music!

One of the things that brings me the most joy in this life, is to lift up my voice in song. It is really my bliss, my passion! I have worked on this talent for years and years, and used to perform quite a bit. Now I have retired from the stage in order to hum lullabies. (Hence my alias! ;) ) In my past, I also took piano for more than 10 years, but I did not work on that talent as I should have. I have always hoped to write some music, but my lack of technical skills has always held me back.

Then, last night, as I tried to drift off to sleep, I began thinking about a musical number I volunteered to organize for our Relief Society birthday party. I was asked to put together a group of ladies to sing "As Sisters in Zion," and so I thought I'd just add a couple of notes for harmony, and leave it at that. But then, last night, I couldn't sleep because a beautiful rendition of the song came clearly into my mind and spirit. I can still hear it at this moment.

SO... today I decided to sit at the piano, and give it a try. Something amazing is happening to me. For some reason, I feel that God is in this song-- that He wants me to write it, to contribute this beautiful arrangement to the world. I keep silently asking Him why He hasn't given this song to someone more talented. He just seems to smile and tells me I can do it-- it is mine to share.

I am getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

I will update my progress. More on this later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will not approve any comments that are rude, negative, or disrespectful. Thanks for being civil! :-)