Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Idyllic Hearth...

This is the picture I used for my first blog header.


Hooray! Thanks to my wonderful husband, I now have a lovely picture at the top of my page.

I like this painting for a number of reasons. It looks peaceful and quiet and humble. It is just big enough for a family, yet it is not an imposing manor. Life appears to move very slowly there. I can hear the birds singing, and I imagine I hear the voices of children hiding in the trees, ringing through the air. There are clouds in the sky, but there are also patches of blue to indicate that all is well, and that the storms are not yet gathering.

Someday, this place will be my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will not approve any comments that are rude, negative, or disrespectful. Thanks for being civil! :-)